3rd Annual RIDE FOR HOMES
Sunday, September 13, 2020
Click HERE to Register an Individual or Team
Habitat for Humanity of Cape Cod has developed over 140 affordable homes on Cape Cod. Local families help build their homes alongside volunteers and pay an affordable mortgage. Homes are deed restricted to remain affordable in perpetuity. With the support of Habitat and community contributors, Habitat homeowners achieve the strength, stability and self-reliance they need to build a better life for themselves and their families. Meet the homeowners.
Please watch this short presentation About Habitat Cape Cod so you will understand more about who we are, how we help, and how you can join us.
Mission Statement: Habitat for Humanity of Cape Cod partners with families in need of an affordable home to build one of their own; fostering stability, self-reliance and a strong sense of community.
About: We are an ecumenical housing ministry that seeks to make decent, affordable shelter a matter of conscience and action. Partnership is key to our work. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, political views, or any of the other distinctions that too often divide people, to build houses alongside the future owner. Habitat for Humanity of Cape Cod has built homes in all 15 towns on Cape Cod.
Ride Info & Requirements
Thank you for your interest in Habitat Cape Cod’s Ride for Homes. For the best experience, here are some things you need to know:
- There are two routes – 40 miles to Woods Hole and back and 12 miles along the Cape Cod Canal. Start and End for both routes is at the Aptucxet Trading Post Museum in Bourne.
- The 40 mile route is marked, and efforts are made to have volunteer corner marshals.
- There is no minimum age to ride. Riders 18 and under must ride with an adult during the entire Ride. See additional requirements below for cyclists 18 and under.
- The fundraising minimum is $300.
- Walk-up registrations are gladly accepted ($25 fee), however, the Ride for Homes is a fundraising ride with a minimum fundraising requirement, so register as early as you can to raise money and have the greatest impact. Allow adequate time on Ride day to register before the start.
- We ride rain or shine. In the event of lightning or other dangerous conditions, we will delay the event until conditions improve. Please watch for weather-related updates via email and this website.
- Helmets are required. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Family and friends are welcome to watch and attend the lunch. Please encourage them to watch from the Aptucxet Trading Post Museum, or better yet, volunteer at the event! (contact Adrianne at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Support and Gear (SAG) vehicles will be available to provide assistance or transport any cyclists in need.
- Pets are not allowed at the Ride.
- You can fund raise without riding and still enjoy all event activities and the lunch on September 13th!
- We support your decision 100% to do this Ride virtually, if you don’t feel comfortable being around groups.
- Click on the link below to read our Safety Plan.
- The Waiver is available for download on the Rider Information tab above. It will also be available on the First Giving site when you Register, at our office when you pick up your bag, and at the Aptucxet Trading Post Museum on event day.
We love having families participate in the Ride for Homes but there are some special requirements for cyclists 18 and under wishing to ride:
- All riders 18 years of age or under must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult (at least 21 years of age) at all times.
- All riders 12 years of age or under, “Juniors,” must ride the 12 mile route only, accompanied by an adult.
- There is no Registration fee or Fundraising requirement for “Junior” riders, 12 years of age or under.
- Helmets are required. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- All riders 12 through 18 must review the Safety Plan with a parent or legal guardian.
- One parent/adult may be responsible for no more than three “Junior” riders.
- Even if the child is on a tandem bicycle, all of the requirements above still apply.
- No trailers, tagalongs, or child carriers are allowed on the Ride.